Another challenge set by the active Becky of blbooks.blogspot.com:
I have to do this one; it’s my favorite period.
_ 1. A book under 200 pages
_ 2. A book over 400 pages
_ 3. A book that REALLY intimidates you
_ 4. A book you REALLY want to reread
_ 5. A new-to-you book by a FAVORITE author
_ 6. A book with illustrations
_ 7. A book that was originally published serially
_ 8. A book published between 1837-1849
_ 9. A book published between 1850-1860
_ 10. A book published between 1861-1870
_ 11. A book published between 1871-1880
_ 12. A book published between 1881-1890
_ 13. A book published between 1891-1901
_ 14. A book published between 1902-1999 with a Victorian setting
_ 15. A book published between 2000-2017 with a Victorian setting
_ 16. A book by Charles Dickens
_ 17. A book by Wilkie Collins
_ 18. A book by Anthony Trollope
_ 19. A book by Elizabeth Gaskell
_ 20. A book by George Eliot
_ 21. A book by a new-to-you male author
_ 22. A book by a new-to-you female author
_ 23. A book translated into English
_ 24. A fiction or nonfiction book about Queen Victoria
_ 25. A book that has been filmed as movie, miniseries, or television show
_ 26. A play OR a collection of short stories OR a collection of poems
_ 27. Biography, Autobiography, or NONFICTION book about the Victorian era
_ 28. Genre or Subgenre of your choice (mystery, suspense, romance, gothic, adventure, western, science fiction, fantasy)
_ 29. Book with a name as the title
_ 30. Book You’ve Started but Never Finished
_ 31. A Christian book fiction or nonfiction
_ 32. A children’s book
- Fiction or nonfiction.
- Books, e-books, audio books all are fine.
- Books and movies can be reviewed together or separately.
- You can create a reading list if you want, but it’s not a requirement
- If you do make a list, consider adding a list of five books you’d recommend to others
- If possible try to try a new-to-you author! I know it can be really tempting to stick with familiar favorites.
- Children’s books published during these years should not be forgotten!
- Rereads are definitely allowed if you have favorites!
- A blog is not required, a review is not required, but, if you don’t review please consider sharing what you read in a comment with one or two sentences of ‘reaction’ or ‘response.’
- Any qualifying book reviewed in 2017 counts towards the challenge. If you’re like me, perhaps you try to schedule posts a week ahead of time. So if it’s reviewed in 2017, it counts. Even if you finished the book the last week or two of 2016!
<a href=”http://blbooks.blogspot.com/2016/12/2017-reading-challenges-victoria.html”>Becky’s Book Reviews: 2017 Reading Challenges: Victorian</a>