Yet another challenge. Why? I feel as if I’ve been flailing around doing a lot of very good but unfocused reading in recent years. I also make a lot of loose-leaf tea and am always trying new blends. So here goes:
According to Becky of Becky’s Book Challenges:
Which books count towards the challenge? Any book that you primarily read while drinking tea. Not every single page needs to have been read while drinking tea. (I’m not that strict!!!) But this challenge is all about celebrating SLOWING DOWN and SAVORING the moments.
How many books? Is there a set minimum? This challenge is about QUALITY and not quantity. It’s not about reading fifty books or even twelve books. This is an anti-rush reading challenge. Enjoy where you are in a book, and, engage fully in it. Live in the book.
This challenge has a focus on SHARING. How can you share? Several ways:
1) When you sign up in a comment below, share one favorite tea and one favorite book. And if you’ve got one handy: a favorite quote.
2) If you write a post on your blog announcing the challenge (and making a place to keep track of what you’ve read), consider sharing a bit about yourself–your reading and drinking habits. You might consider a longer list of recommendations!
3) If you’re on twitter, tweet me as often as you like. @blbooks OR @operationbible Tweet about favorite teas, favorite books, favorite authors, favorite quotes, what you’re currently reading, what you’ve just finished reading, etc.
4) Consider adding me and fellow participants to your blogroll, and cheer on other participants by reading reviews and leaving comments.
5) At the end of each month, I’ll publish a check-in post. You can leave comments sharing what you’re reading, what you’ve read, tea recommendations, etc. Even if you haven’t finished a book, you can share where you’re at. Remember, it isn’t about how many books you read per month!
6) I’ll do my best to keep an ongoing list–either in this post–or on my sidebar–of participants of this challenge.